FIBRE FILLED CHOC MATCHA OATS
With the winter mornings getting colder and colder, we naturally tend to reach for a warming, wholesome breakfast option.
Knowing there is a warm bowl of oats not far away can make getting out of our warm beds that little bit easier.
Oats are such a delicious and nourishing breakfast option; full of fibre to feed the healthy bacteria in your gut, as well as stabilising blood sugar levels to keep to full and satisfied. Oats also have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol in the body and have anti-inflammatory properties.
I add flax seeds and chia seeds into my oats for even more fibre, protein and omega-3, making this meal SERIOUSLY nutrient dense.
Now the question is, how to make this nutrient dense breakfast option, delicious!
This is my absolute go-to oats recipe at the moment and makes for a decadent, drool-worthy meal…
- ¼ cup of oats (organic gluten free oats are my favourite)
- ¾ cup of almond milk (or your favourite plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of flax meal (I like to blend 1 tbsp of flax seeds to make flax meal fresh)
- 2 tsps of Unmatchable Choc Matcha
- 1 tsp of raw honey (manuka honey is a great option if possible)
Toppings - get creative and add whatever you like, these are my favourites:
- Coconut yoghurt
- Raspberries frozen or fresh
- Natural peanut butter
- Add all ingredients to a small pot
- Simmer until desired consistency is achieved (I usually simmer for approx. 5-10 minutes)
- Add more liquid as necessary
Okay just writing this recipe out has got me salivating, time to go make some Choc Matcha Oats!!