A DAY ON CO-FOUNDER, CHARLOTTE STINEAR'S PLATE...
Our co-founder charlotte ensures every day to nourish her body with nutrient dense, delicious foods. So, we decided to take a sneak peek into her average day and see exactly what she eats to achieve her most energetic and healthy self. Here is what she has to say…
Before I eat breakfast or even start my day, I love to pump my body full of as many nutrients as I can. These are my morning non-negotiables to ensure I’m giving my body the nutrients it needs.
- 500ml of lemon water
- Bone Broth with medicinal mushrooms (lion’s mane, reishi and shiitake).
- Organic Greens powder with pro and pre-biotics, digestive enzymes and phytonutrients.
These may change from month to month depending on how I am feeling and what my body needs but for me the number ONE thing is to make sure I’m hydrating myself.
BREAKFAST: Eggs on avocado toast
I tend to have brekky a little later on in the morning or sometimes if I feel my digestion needs a little break, I will fast till about 12PM. I always just listen to my body’s hunger signals and go off that.
This is such a perfectly balanced meal that energises me and keeps me full till lunch.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 slices of a good quality gluten free bread
- ½ an avocado
- Salt, pepper and chilli
I usually poach my eggs or sometimes I will fry them depending on what I’m craving! I then smash my avocado with some salt, pepper and chilli. Toast up my bread, lather on my avo smash and finish it off with two perfectly cooked eggs. Ahh this is seriously a match made in heaven!
MORNING SNACK: Almond Matcha Latte
By this time, I am usually getting stuck into some work and I need all the energy and concentration I can get! This is when I will whip up my matcha latte…
- 230ml of almond milk
- ¾ tsp of Unmatchable Original Matcha
- ½ tsp of honey or maple syrup
I simply warm up my milk and blend it all up, creamy matcha goodness!!
LUNCH: Nourish Bowl
I like to use lunch time to make a big nourish bowl and try and get in all my micronutrients. This nourish bowl will change every time I make it depending on what I feel like and what is in the fridge. I’ve broken it down to show you the different options I would usually pick from. Get creative and pick and choose all different options to create a delicious bowl of goodness. The key to success here is a delicious dressing and yummy extras.
These nourish bowls can be super simple some days and other days I have a little more time to make it gourmet. I find focusing on these main groups ensures that I am having a balanced, nutrient dense meal that is also delicious!
AFTERNOON SNACK: Choc Matcha Smoothie
Every day when 3PM hits I crave a sweet treat and more often than not I’ll make a delicious chocolatey smoothie. I love to use smoothies as a chance to cram in some nutrients while satisfying my sweet cravings.
Check out my recipe HERE
DINNER: Mexican Fried Rice
Dinner changes every night, but this is a recipe I have been loving at the moment.
The fried rice:
- Pre-cooked rice (I either use leftover rice I have or use a pre-cooked rice packet)
- Frozen peas and corn
- Ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika, garlic powder
- Simply fry all ingredients together to create the base of the dish
- I will usually make a chilli con carne mix with either beef or just beans for a vego option – this is a great recipe to put in a slow cooker in the morning and then when dinner time comes, it is so easy to throw everything together.
- Fresh salsa
- If I’m feeling gourmet, I’ll whip up a vegan sour cream using cashews.
DESSERT: Coconut Yoghurt and Berries
My go to dessert is so simple and so delicious I literally do not get sick of it…
- Coconut yoghurt
- Frozen berries
- Homemade granola if I have some.
I like to sit down in front of the TV and have this with a herbal tea while watching Netflix.
I hope you all can take some inspiration from this and see that nourishing our bodies can be so simple and delicious.